But nope, that's not the product I'll be talking about today! I have yet to experience that "amazing exfoliator" myself!
Some of you have mentioned to me that you had no idea Dermalogica has a foundation! Yup! They do! I had the opportunity to give their new foundation a try, Cover Tint SPF 20. This foundation replaced their previous foundation, Treatment Foundation.
Cover Tint SPF 20 comes in three shades: light, medium, dark
Dermalogica claims this Cover Tint SPF 20:
- provides long-lasting full coverage
- helps protect against UV rays
- softens fine lines
- provides even coverage
- is fragrance-free
- On me, I would say the coverage is a medium coverage. I currently have blemishes and scars and I found the foundation didn't cover over them as easily.
- I love how this foundation has SPF 20. Perfect for this spring and summer! Surprisingly, the foundation isn't greasy with having SPF in it!
- I don't really have fine lines,but I applied it on my left hand which has some fine lines. It definitely smoothed my fine lines but it looked a tad dry. I think I should have moisturized my hand first.
- This foundation does provide an even coverage. I use the medium shade and I find it blends in with my skin really well.
- This has a very subtle scent that can be unnoticed. I'm not a fan of strong scents so I was extremely happy to know that this doesn't have a strong sunscreen scent!
|This my tired face on an early weekday morning! I can't open my eyes! x_x|
When I first tried on this foundation, I had a fresh pimple that magically appeared the day before. I found that the foundation dried it up a bit which sort of made the swelling go down.
I love the squeeze bottle because it's easy to control the amount. But I wish the bottle was bigger than the 40 mL bottle it comes in! Upside? Great size for travelling!! :)
Even though there is SPF in the formulation, I forget I'm wearing foundation throughout the day. The foundation isn't sticky, greasy, or oily. It feels very lightweight on the skin.
I tend to get an oily t-zone throughout the day and I found this foundation left my skin matte most of the day --- longer than other foundations I have tried and it doesn't oxidize (turn orange) throughout the day.
Would I recommend this product? Definitely. I'm a huge fan of foundation with SPF to wear on a daily basis (not for photo shoots or weddings due to the white cast that would appear in photos). I was highly impressed with the matte finish and lightweight feel throughout the day. Although it didn't cover my blemishes as much as I expected it to with it being "full coverage", I don't mind because that's what concealer is for!
I heard Cover Tint is great when paired up with Dermalogica's SkinPerfect Primer SPF 30. Can't wait to try this next!
Due to the SPF 20, my plan now is to savour the foundation for days when I go outdoors for a long period of time as the bottle is small and I don't want to part with it sooner than I have to. :P